Updated: Aug 18, 2019
In today's world, WhatsApp is one of the most commonly used social media app. So here are few tricks that you'll love trying out: -
1. Some people really want to browse their groups without being shown online, while we are actually online. The only to accomplish this is by simply changing your 'Last seen' setting. To do this, click on the three dots at the top right corner of the screen and select Settings, now click on Account and select Privacy. Here click on 'Last seen' and select 'Nobody'. This way, you see all the messages and be online without anyone actually knowing it except you.
***Remember that to perform all of this, you need either Mobile Data or Wi-Fi connection.
2. All of us are tired of the same old font, right? Same font, that too without any text formatting. To make the text bold, just put asterisk on either side of the word, *Hello friends* will result to Hello friends. To make the text italics, put underscore on either side of the word, _Hello friends_ will result to Hello friends. Not only this, you can even make it strike through, simply put tildes on either side of the word, ~Hello friends~ will result to Hello friends.
3. Tired of using WhatsApp on a small screen? Well, you can now access it on a bigger screen, your laptop. Simply go to https://www.whatsapp.com/ and click on Download on the top of the site. Now download either for Mac or Windows. Once installed, open it and on your phone, click on three dots at the top right corner and choose WhatsApp Web. Now, scan the QR code on the laptop app using your phone. Now you are ready to use WhatsApp on your laptop.
4. Far from your home, accidentally brought the wrong phone with you and need to access your WhatsApp? No worries, just download the WhatsApp on the phone you currently have and enter your old number. Now ask a person nearby your old phone to use it and tell you the verification code sent to it. Enter the code and you are ready to use WhatsApp on your new phone.
5. Need to easily access your most contacted contact, directly from your home screen? Just simply long press the contact you want to access and click on the three dots at the top right corner and select Add Chat Shortcut. Now you can either manually place the shortcut icon or just let it be placed automatically.
6. Ever wanted to get a photo printed by a person far away? You'll most probably use WhatsApp to send the picture to the person but DON'T! Sending the picture on WhatsApp not only reduces the size of the picture but also reduces the pixel size. So picture quality may deteriorate. You can use G-Mail or other sources to send picture if you do not want t compromise with picture quality.
7. Ever wondered about protecting your privacy on WhatsApp, wondering who all will see your Profile Pic? To prevent all the people from seeing your profile picture or status, just simply click on the three dots on the top right corner and select Settings. Now go to Account and then Privacy. Now choose from Last seen, Profile photo, About and Status. Click on the activity you want to add privacy on and choose between Everyone, My contacts and Nobody.
***Remember mobile network should be available for performing this action.
8. Getting the same notification sound for every chat and group message? Want to set a particular sound for a particular group or chat? Just simply open the group or chat and click on the three dots on the top right corner. Now click on Group info and scroll down a bit and you will see Custom Notifications. Click on it. Now enable the Custom Notifications check box and set the Notification tune as desired.
9. We all usually type the messages in WhatsApp, right? But wait, there is another way to do it, just ask. It basically requires your Android or iOS phone. Open your voice assistant (Siri or Google Assistant) and ask it 'Send a WhatsApp to' followed by your contact name followed by 'saying' then succeeded by your message.
'Send a WhatsApp to' + contact name + 'saying' + your message.